Higher Rights Advocate
Called to the Bar 2011
Saraneh is Head of Family at Charterhouse Chambers.
Miss Maleki is a member of the North Circuit. Miss Maleki is one of a very limited number of advocates in the country to have undertaken and successfully completed the specialist advocacy training for vulnerable and child witnesses in March 2023.
Miss Maleki qualified as a solicitor, prior to electing to practise as counsel at chambers.
Miss Maleki has a wide range of experience having practised in the following areas of law as a solicitor:
Civil Law, Criminal Law (Higher Rights advocate), Family Law and Licensing matters.
Miss Maleki is a member of Lincoln's Inn and was granted a scholarship from Lincoln’s Inn in 2009 to assist her with the progression of her legal career. Miss Maleki was called to the bar in 2011.
Whilst at chambers, Miss Maleki has exclusively practiced in all areas of family law proceedings. Miss Maleki successfully completed training with the Bar Council and is authorised by the Bar Standards Board to receive instructions and undertake public access work.
Miss Maleki regularly represents local authorities, private parties, the child/ren via the guardian and those engaged in care proceedings (parents and intervenors). Miss Maleki has undertaken High Court cases during her time at chambers.
Miss Maleki is extremely client focused; she prides herself on providing comprehensive advice and support to clients. Miss Maleki strives to achieve the best possible results for clients, in the most cost efficient manner.
Miss Maleki fully comprehends that being involved in legal proceedings can be difficult emotionally. She aspires to remove the stress of proceedings from clients; whilst doing her utmost to achieve everything desired by those she represents.
Feedback received from Guardian:
- "Thank you so much, that was brilliant and totally captured my position", direct feedback received from a guardian further to hearing submissions made by Miss Maleki. The submissions were fully accepted by the Court.
Feedback received from Solicitors:
- I am extremely grateful to you for accommodating the next hearing and for progressing matters in the way that you have. The client seems to have responded well to the advice you gave, albeit it was hard for the client to swallow.
- My thanks for your work on this complex matter.
- I just wanted to say a massive thank you for today. I would not liked to have dealt with that by myself and you certainly do put a lot more effort in than most. It is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
- I just want to say thank you very much for all your hard work last Friday...the client is over the moon.
- Client has sung Miss Maleki’s praises today he said she was great so thank you.
- I have spoken with my client who updated me on what had happened at the hearing. He was extremely happy with you... he is grateful for your efforts to date.
- Miss Maleki did a fantastic job with the client (who made complaints about previous counsel) and also in Court where she persuaded Judge to Order a report which he had denied to previous counsel. Miss Maleki had prepared the case extremely well and both I and the client were impressed with her knowledge of the case and the law. I thought it was fitting to notify you of all her hard work.
- Many thanks for your emails, the order and your assistance generally in respect of this matter.
-Thank you, I am grateful for everything you are doing for our client.
Feedback received from clients:
- I have been attending family court now for quite some time and really felt my case was never really moving forward until I instructed Miss Maleki to take over as my representation. Since Miss Maleki has taken over my case it has been driven forward at a rapid rate to try and make up for lost time. Miss Maleki has now represented me at two finding of fact hearings with both having very positive outcomes for me. As my case is a very complex case i often felt that previous representatives would not fully grasp or often would not be up to date with the proceedings but since Miss Maleki has taken over it is very clear she has taken the time to learn my case and she seems to know it inside out which only fills me with more confidence in the court room. Family court can be a daunting experience but having someone with the experience of Miss Maleki fighting your corner can really help make the process a lot more comfortable knowing your in safe hands. Thank you.
- The support I received was outstanding. On our initial consultation, you took the time to listen and understand my perspective, offering advice on how I could proceed. I was extremely nervous about the proceedings, but after I spoke with you, I felt much calmer and understood exactly how we were going to proceed. On the day of the court hearing, the fact that we couldn't meet in person as the trial was being held over the phone made communicating more difficult, but you kept me informed throughout. You took full account of my perspective and were extremely proactive in putting my case across to the other parties and the court. In doing so you were able to show the court my feelings and perspective and in doing so got the best possible outcome for me and the children. Thank you so much I could not have got through the day without you.